Chalara fraxinia has now been confirmed in a number of locations across the UK especially in East Anglia, our nearest case was in Braintree. But what exactly is it? the disease is caused by the fungus Chalara fraxinia and it causes loss of leaves,dieback of the crown and can lead the tree to die. It [...]
A new tree disease has been discovered in Britain Imported trees from the Netherlands are to be destroyed following the discovery of ash dieback disease. The serious fungal disease ash dieback has hit the UK for the first time after 2,000 imported trees from the Netherlands were sold by mail order from a southern nursery. Chalara fraxinea [...]
Dangerous tree pest Asian longhorn beetle -first outbreak in UK An outbreak of the Asian longhorn beetle (ALB), an exotic pest which could have severe consequences for British trees, has been found in Kent, the Food & Environment Research Agency (Fera) has confirmed. This is the first time an outbreak of this pest has been [...]
We recently carried out a large tree clearance operation for the Environment Agency as part of a £2.4 million Flood Relief Scheme in Steeple Bumpstead. The village suffers badly from flash flooding in severe wet weather conditions and some residents have been flooded out of their homes more than once in a 12 month period. [...]
There is plenty to do in the garden during February, it is the last month where pruning can be carried out as the garden is still dormant. All winter pruning should be completed by the end of the month before the growing cycle starts again. Now is also a good time to carry out any formative pruning on [...]
We were recently awarded a contract to plant a new block of woodland in accordance with the English woodland grant scheme. This involved planting almost 4000 trees on a freshly prepared piece of ground at Wadlow Farm near West Wratting in Cambs. The area to be planted was some 330m long by 80m wide. It was surprising how [...]
Some tree facts for autumn Why do trees lose their leaves? Deciduous trees lose their leaves in autumn, the process takes place over four to six weeks as daylight hours shorten and temperatures decrease. This provokes the tree into the process known as abscission. The tree produces a cork like substance which slowly blocks the veins within the leaf and [...]
We recently removed a very large Salix fragilis (Crack willow) tree for a client in Clare, Suffolk. It was located on the bank of a river which had exposed the roots under the water. An arboricultural consultant inspected the tree last year and recommended the tree be removed due to the close proximity of a footpath [...]
How does a tree live? Trees are anchored into the soil by their roots. The roots also take up water containing dissolved minerals, which then travels up the tree via special vessels called xylem within the wood of the tree. This upward passage of water and nutrients is caused by 2 phenomena; transpirational pull which [...]
The industry of tree surgery is unregulated by government, and the Arboricultural Association which is the governing body for tree work in the UK, sets the standards for good practice and awards the status of Approved Contractor to those tree surgeons that meet the exacting standards in this difficult and dangerous profession. The Approved Contractor [...]
* Crown reduction * Crown lifting * Crown thinning
* Dead wooding * Dismantling * Fruit trees
* Log splitting * Storm damaged trees * Stump grinding
*Tree planting * Tree preservation order
* Conservation area applications * Woodchip supplies
* If you need a tree service, you-name-it-we-do it!
- Willow tree removal September 4, 2011
- Dead tree removal June 7, 2011
- Asian Longhorn Beetle May 22, 2012
- Chalara Fraxinia-Ash dieback update November 7, 2012
- New tree diseases – Ash Dieback June 12, 2012
- Asian Longhorn Beetle May 22, 2012
- Stump Removal Cheshire: Thanks for this beautiful blog. I search for this ...
- Tree Services: This is some thing I need to do more research into...
- Fruit Tree Pruning: This is some thing I need to do more research into...
Tree surgery services covering:
Aldeburgh, Billericay, Bishops Stortford, Braintree, Castle Hedingham, Cavendish, Chelmsford, Clare, Coggeshall, Colchester, Colne Engaine, Debden, Dedham, Duxford, Earls Colne, Felsted, Finchingfield, Foxearth, Gosfield, Great Bardfield, Great Chesterford, Great Cornard, Great Yeldham, Hadstock, Halstead, Hatfield Peverel, Haverhill, Hempstead, Holbrook, Hundon, Hungerford, Hutton, Ingatestone, Kelvedon, London, Long Melford, March, Newmarket, Panfield, Radwinter, Ridgewell, Saffron Walden, Sawbridgeworth, Sawston, Sible Hedingham, Six Mile Bottom, Southend, Stansted Mountfitchet, Steeple Bumpstead, St Osyth, Stowmarket, Sudbury, Thaxted, The Sampfords, Tilbury Juxta Clare, Thurrock, Toppesfield, Wester Ross (Scottish Highlands), Wickford, Wimbish, Witham, Woolpit and Writtle.
- Really busy this week removing 100 tonnes of poplar trees, met a lot of really good people. Thanks for all your help - posted on 14/05/2013 05:08:12
- tomorrow we start a big contract to remove over 100 tonnes of trees from a large estate, two teams on the ground, looking forward to it - posted on 08/05/2013 20:00:28
- Busy carrying out urgent equipment repairs for the team prior to tomorrow's work in Witham - posted on 30/04/2013 18:58:49
- Had another great day today in the sun, completed two tricky dismantles on a grey poplar tree and a sycamore in Felsted - posted on 30/04/2013 18:54:59